Thursday, December 13, 2012

"New" Kitchen

During fall 2012 Kari's big project was the kitchen.
This is what the kitchen looked like the first time we saw it during house hunting.
Before


After


The details:
-replaced black granite with lighter color and extended overhang for a seating area.
-new refrigerator
-olive green paint on the walls
-new light fixture
-new kitchen faucet and great soap dispenser and disposal features
-glass tile back splash (and a new wet saw to cut tile)
-wall cupboards were stained "Java" with an awesome gel stain
-island painted a soft cream color






We love the new look.  It is much more family friendly.  It wasn't a hard project but a bit time consuming.  The cabinets took me about two weeks to finish.
Now we have an inviting and comfortable room that we will love for years.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me what the color of the granite is as well as the backsplash? I am doing this makeover in my kitchen and love the colors you chose. My email is
samanthajmcclure@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I would really love to know where you got the light fixture you have hanging over your kitchen island and the brand/style name or number. It is exactly what I have been looking for. I have never commented on a perfect stranger's blog, but I saw that light and I HAVE to know how I can get one. :) I actually saw this post b/c I am getting ready to attempt to use the Java Gel stain and am searching for ideas on pinterest. :) Thanks in advanced. my email is andee00@hotmail.com